Saturday, January 12, 2008

I feared

I feared being alone Until I learned to likeMyself.
I feared failure Until I realized that I only Fail when I don't try.
I feared success Until I realizedThat I had to tryIn order to be happyWith myself.
I feared people's opinions Until I learned that People would have opinionsAbout me anyway.
I feared rejection Until I learned toHave faith in myself.
I feared pain Until I learned thatit's necessary For growth.
I feared the truth Until I saw theUgliness in lies.
I feared life Until I experiencedIts beauty .
I feared death Until I realized that it'sNot an end, but a beginning.
I feared my destiny,Until I realized that I had the power to changeMy life.
I feared hate Until I saw that itWas nothing more thanIgnorance.
I feared love,Until it touched my heart, Making the darkness fade Into endless sunny days.
I feared ridicule Until I learned how To laugh at myself.
I feared growing old Until I realized that I gained wisdom every day.
I feared the future Until I realized that Life just kept getting Better.
I feared the past Until I realized that It could no longer hurt me.
I feared the dark Until I saw the beauty Of the starlight.
I feared the light Until I learned that the Truth would give me Strength.
I feared change, Until I saw that Even the most beautiful butterfly Had to undergo a metamorphosis Before it could fly.

2 comments:

SriniG said...

Nice one. Motivational.

Shilpa said...

It covers all our fears and the solutions too....

    follow me on Twitter